Abstract Submission Window is OPEN, Now thru February 28th, 11:59pm Eastern
Preferential selection for abstract submissions from Fellows
ASMBS WEEKEND ORAL ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- Abstracts must be original work.
- No authors may be added or deleted after the abstract submission deadline.
- Word Count = 250 words. You may copy-paste from Word, and the entire abstract body will be entered as a single field.
- At the time of abstract submission, you will be required to develop and submit one self-assessment test question for Maintenance of Certification. This must include the rationale for the right answer.
- Submitted abstract titles must NOT contain trade names.
- Avoiding pejorative language: Authors should not use "obese" as an adjective or noun to describe an individual person or group of people, but instead use terms such as "people with obesity" and "populations with obesity."
- All authors must disclose all financial relationships. Abstracts will not be considered complete and available for presentation until all financial disclosures are submitted.
- If you submit an abstract to ASMBS, you must not submit to another conference until you have received a response. Likewise, an abstract you are submitting to ASMBS weekend must not be currently under review for another meeting.
- Abstracts are not to have been presented at any other prior major meeting or event.
- If the author fails to show for a presentation of an accepted abstract, that author will be banned from submission for the next two years.
- The ASMBS has developed guidelines for the standardization of reporting bariatric surgery outcomes in literature. These are intended to provide consistency within the field of metabolic and bariatric surgery and a uniform method of communicating our findings throughout the medical literature. Please follow these standards as you develop your abstract and/or manuscript: Standardized Reporting Outcomes
Tables & Figures can be attached to your submission and do not count towards your word limit.
VIDEO ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- Videos submissions require submission of an abstract. See abstract submission guidelines above.
- Videos must follow the ASMBS standardized video format;
- Video title
- Clinical presentation & indication of surgery
- Preoperative images/ endoscopy
- Operative procedure with emphasis on: trocar placement, dissection, and resection
- Postoperative images, course and 30 days outcome.
- Videos must not exceed 5 minutes in length.
- Videos must include verbal narration. Narration must use generic terms and no
use of commercial/proprietary names is allowed.
- No background music
- Videos cannot contain any evidence of commercial support.
- If you submit a video to ASMBS, you must not submit to another conference until you have received a response.
- Videos are not to have been presented at any other prior major meeting or event.
- If a video is accepted for podium presentation, the authors give ASMBS the rights to publish the video in the ASMBS BMI library. This will be done after the ASMBS weekend. If videos are submitted to the BMI Video Library prior to the annual meeting for which they were accepted, they are automatically excluded for video presentation at that year’s annual meeting.
- If the author fails to show for a presentation of an accepted video, that author will be banned from submission for the next two years.
If the video is accepted, the authors agree to include their video in the ASMBS BMI video library
FINANCIAL DISCLOSURES REQUIRED BY ALL AUTHORS (COI): You are encouraged to begin your abstract submission process early, as financial disclosures for all authors are to be submitted by a Feb 28 deadline. Abstract submission site will be available for accessing your submissions through the deadline of Feb 28, 2018.
• The abstract submitter holds the final responsibility of ensuring all authors submit financial disclosures . • DISCLOSURE RULE: Within two weeks of notification of acceptance of abstract for the meeting (whether for oral presentation or video ), any papers with missing co-author disclosures MUST be completed. Acceptance notifications will be rescinded for all abstracts with incomplete disclosure information at the end of this two-week grace period.